09 June, 2008

wilkommen zu muenchen

short version:

i have to get used to the keyboard ALLLL over again.

EURO 2008 has begun, and I couldnt have been introduced to it any better than I was yesterday coming off the plane. Greeted by singing and cheering fans on the S and U Bahn, I realized two things:

1. the game i missed while I was on the plane mustve been a good one, meaning, Germany won!

2. Futbol is a bigggggggggggg deal. Perhaps bigger than football.




Back at work on Monday I decided during my lunch break that I would purchase some of my very own Germany '08 gear. After all, I am a resident of Deutschland now. The boys will be so proud ;) I think I will hang with them tonight.




xoxo




long version:


Plane Ride:

I sat next to a guy who I seriously think was in the Russian, Polish, or Yugoslavian Mafia. He smelled like shitty leather and his girlfriend had the biggest fake-and-bake Ive ever seen...and Ive sen a LOT. Anyway, we flew on KLM Royal Dutch which provides its passengers with free beer. Big Mistake. The Mafia Man and his cheap girl friend drank about 10 to themselves and became the laughing stock of the plane. I managed to sleep through most of it until I was awoken by the Englishman sitting in front of the Mafia Man and asked him to "stop blabberin your fucken mouth off"

It was pretttty funny. As if that wasnt enough drama, while we were waiting for the S-Bahn (suburban train) to arrive, there were rowwwwwwdy German fans on the platform who were drunk and singing as louuuuud as they could. One of them began to follow an officer and actually grabbed his ass just to be put in a headlock and knocked to the ground. The officer eventually let him go and the rowdy skin-head continued to sing songs of German Pride (their team had just won the match) and though I found it wonderfully entertaining, the Polizie did not.

The fabulously furious bunch of fans got on the same S-Bahn as me and caused just as much commotion on the train. In fact, thanks to them, I even learned a few Deutsch futbol chants:

1. The first one is where u just keep saying DEUTSCHLAND!!!!!!! in a lot of different tones of voices

2. The second one sounds a little bit like "the itsy bitsy spider" but with a lot of jumping and German words. I know the tune and a few words, but dont ask me to sing it. It is reminiscent of "Shout! A little bit louder nowwww" when the singer gets soft and low to the ground then louder and louder until hes jumping.. Just like it. But to "itsy bitsy spider"

There are a ton more, but I dont remember them anymore.. Anyway the ones listed are the funniest...

I was laughing at the situation the whole way to Marienplatz on the S-Bahn but the woman sitting accross from me (who clearly thought I spoke German) wouldnt stop going on about how irritated she was with the whole deal. The S-Bahn Poliz surrounded the guys to make sure they didnt fuck around too much, but they didnt do much else. I think they were just as entertained as I was... The boys got off before I did, and, as they say, boys will be boys, and they as they got off the train they flicked off the Polizie who STILL didnt do anything. I guess when the Germans win futbol matches, nothing else matters.



After all that fabulosity, I knew that I HAD to get some "Go Germany" gear so I picked up a lei and some face tats today of the German flag.. Ive always been a futbol fan anyway.. And now that I live in a E U Country I absoltely HAVE to represent my German Pride.

Haha woah.. never thought I would say that, especially not so soon, but München and its people already hold a special place in my heart.

I am SO STOKED for Euro 2008....its gonna be awesome!! And I love that I have awesome boys to watch it with :D



WORK:
Officially just finished my first layout which is going to print. Its a 2 page spread which will be in next months issue and Im totally excited. I think before I leave Im going to have everyone sign the last issue that Im a part of. Lol, how awesome is that. Im going to frame it too.

I also kinda want to work for GRAFT when I get back. I was talking to someone who worked for their office and he seemed totalllly cool.....Maybe I will go to LA after all! But I still want to check out the NY scene.. so maybe ill still do the SHOP thing. Im seeing so many cool projects though while Im here I dont want to get caught up with the same old popular architects, but I REALLLY like the way the people at shop run their firm - or at least the way I think they run their firm... Decisions Decisions.

I thought that working at DETAIL would turn me towards Journalism, but everyone here is a professional Architect, except for like 2 people (Journalism and Mass Comm). I didnt expect that though I suppose Im not surprised... Afterall the magazine is verrrrry specified for Architecture. That makes me kinda hapy actually :) Yay Architecture!


FAMILY
My Mom is coming to visit at the end of this weekend and she will be here for 21 days. I think my dad thinks I need a babysitter, or that my mom seriously needs a break from my dad. Either way, I dont know how excited I am, but Im going to have to make the best of it. I thought I would be living alone in Munich, but apparently my parents think that my apartment is their summer home. Fabulous. Just in time for Euro 2008. Well, all I have to say, is my mom is going to have a much higher tollerance by the time she goes home.


xoxo

No comments: