06 June, 2008

p.s. ... : German Politics

Everyone knows that the primary's are really important right now with such a historic event taking place RIGHT in front of our eyes. I figured that people around the world were probably making fun of Americans for making such a big deal out of race, gender, or religion, and that was if they were even watching the primarys in the first place. It wasn't until this past Thursday that I realized how involved non-Americans are with American politics, and furthermore, how much they actually CARE...

I went to lunch with some of my colleagues (do I sound European yet?) to a nearby (amazing) cafe and the topic of politics invariably came up at the table. Despite the warnings I received from my German friends to keep politics separate from work and especialy lunch, we couldn't help but talk about how Hillary hinted that was going to step down.

My colleages were going on and on about how Obama did this or that, and how they didn't liek Hillary because she stood for this and that, etc.

Overly impressed with their vast knowledge of American politics, I soon realized how sad it was that I wasn't more involved in the politics which are occuring throughout the rest of the world. Luckily ( or unluckily) the only channel on my tv which appears in English (besides MTV) is CNN.


I'm all OVER that shit now, baby.


Uhhhhhhhhhhhh (the way Master P would say it).





Additionaly:
A professor at a highly distinguished University in France held an open debate about how Obama would do in the presidency, and apparently the hall was full of zealous students who all were loyal supporters to Obama.




xoxo

No comments: